TUMMY TUCK SURGERY: How To Get The Best
Thousands of people choose tummy tuck surgery to achieve a flatter, firmer stomach. Dr. Jerome Edelstein explains what you can do to get the best results from such a procedure. Since any tummy tuck is considered major surgery and involves a significant financial investment, Dr. Edelstein offers several tips for the best results.
1) Take your time to find a qualified cosmetic surgeon you trust who is highly experienced with this type of surgery. A caring attitude is also important since the doctor will be involved in your post-operative care as well as the actual surgery.
2) Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle goes a long way to ensure the best results after abdominoplasty. Ideally, you should be at your target weight before having surgery so there is no extra loose skin or fat due to additional weight loss.
3) Staying hydrated is important for combating the risks involved with surgery, and also to help minimize nausea.
4) A compression garment should be worn, beginning in the recovery room. This helps protect the muscles as well as the incision and speeds healing. A second garment is recommended so one can always be worn while one is laundered.
5) Since a tummy tuck is major surgery, plenty of rest is required with restricted activity for at least three weeks (no working out). It is important, though, to get up and move around regularly to promote blood flow and prevent clots.
6) Showing off your new look may be important but scars need to be protected from exposure to the sun for at least a year to avoid hyper-pigmentation that will make them stand out.
Phone: 416-256-5614 | Toll-free: 1-866-687-4273
362 Fairlawn Avenue,
Toronto, ON, M5M 1T6